Re: GAL selection improvement suggestions

This is also how it works in PADS and it is one of those features that I
really miss when using tools without it:

http://i.imgur.com/Ifd30l4.jpg

In fact, switching what you can select is such a common task that they have
it on the right-click menu when you click in empty space:
http://i.imgur.com/WMVvIm8.jpg

Notice there are quick shortcuts to enable/disable several filters at once,
e.g. "Select Traces/Pins/Unroutes"

PADS also has a "selection disambiguation" feature where if you click to
select, you can then hit tab to cycle through selectable things within some
radius of where you clicked.  This makes it very easy to select things that
are on top of each other, or to switch between selecting a trace going into
a component pad, the component pad itself, and the whole component.  I like
this method better than the "selection clarification" popup in KiCAD,
because it lets me *visually* choose the right clarification, rather than
in KiCAD where I have to guess between the names of things that are
sometimes hard to tell apart.