Re: In AUTHORS.txt, I am counted twice.

I agree with Cirillo, an unique file called AUTHORS (or AUTHORS.txt for Windows users) is preferable, as it can be referenced in the About dialog with a link, so you have the best of both world, and only one place to update when there are any changes.
Also, you can change the list of contributors without the need to rebuild KiCAD.

Just my $0.02,
Jean-Paul
AC9GH