Re: [rfc patch] replace avhttp with libcurl

>Replacing avhttp with lib curl is fine for the development branch once we prove it out but I am reluctant to backport it to the stable release for obvious reasons.

The development branch is entirely what I am targeting.
I am pretty confident it'll work(and I'll put my eat my shoe if it
doesn't) but I didn't want it backported  to avoid people blaming me
for things and making me eat the shoe.

The point of the patch is to replace avhttp which is awful for us to
maintain. The entire thing is in chinese and we have to self build it.

libcurl has been around since 1998, it is extremely mature, stable,
well documented and used in the majority of OSS projects and thread
safe tested to extremes by now. The point of the patch is to be with
the norm and not try some newage crazy library with no track record.
Plus we get more protocols like FTP for what its worth.

> He suggested adding github to /etc/hosts so the host will cache the DNS look up but that's still no guarantee.

Let's not start modifying user's system configurations to fix broken
software. That's unbelievably backwards.