Re: [rfc patch] replace avhttp with libcurl

Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> another place to look.  Has anyone tried building kicad with worker
> threads disabled in footprint_info.cpp to confirm if this resolves the
> issue?

I am not sure if you are thinking of the problem I reported a few days ago
with footprint loading hanging, or of some other problem.

But about the problem I reported: I tried building with worker threads
disabled, and this does not reduce the problem. Nor is the problem related
to DNS. Tcpdump shows it is caused by packet loss. I suspect the packet loss
happens on the github end, it is a very busy site, after all. But it could
also be some strange problem on my network, of course. In any case, that
particular problem I think the KiCAD code can do nothing about, except to
have a timeout (and possibly a retry).

 - Kristian.