Re: RF improvements after stable release?

Maybe.  That's the best I can do.  During the current development cycle,
there will be an big emphasis on finishing the GAL implementation on
Pcbnew and giving Eeschema some much need love including a major code
refactor, new s-expr file format, and I/O plugin manager.  The new
schematic and symbol library file formats will allow us to provide pin
and gate swapping between the schematic and board editors and some other
features as well.  There is also a rework of the 3D model support as
well.  This is a huge amount of work and given the amount of manpower we
have, I would say the RF support most like wont happen this dev cycle.
We have to design and code polygon on copper support in Pcbnew which I
will be very picky about the design given the potential impact on the
long term maintainability of the project.  Given that we still have a
good bit of work to do on Pcbnew, I would rather get that squared away
before moving forward on RF support.  RF support has been discussed and
will happen at some point.  My crystal ball just isn't that clear on RF
support just yet.

FYI everyone, my response is not a license to flood the mailing list
with your wishes for the new dev cycle.  I do not have time right now to
discuss it thoroughly and most of your suggestions and comments will get
lost in the noise.

Cheers,

Wayne