Re: GLM

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 2:30 AM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 12/4/2015 3:51 PM, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> > GLM seems to have changed the names/locations of some header files
> somewhere
> > between v0.94 and 0.97. For example 0.94 has core/type_mat4x4.hpp  while
> > 0.97
> > has mat4x4.hpp + detail/type_mat4x4.hpp. The 'mat4x4.hpp' seems to be a
> new
> > file as well. I would prefer to code for the newer release; if we code
> > using the older
> > headers we're only adding unnecessary work in the future if we happen to
> > use the
> > part of the API which changed.
> >
> > I thought the GLM code may have been included because of problems on some
> > platforms; on Linux the headers are available for installation via the
> > package
> > managers and it would be easy to implement FindGLM.cmake if one doesn't
> > already exist.
>
> This would be my preference rather than keeping a copy of GLM in our
> sources.  Pick a minimum version of GLM and use it in the cmake
> find_package() call.  As of right now, libglm in Debian stable (my
> benchmark for package availability) is version 0.9.5.4.  The version of
> libglm in Debian Testing is 0.9.7.1.  Please verify libglm has a sane
> installation tool either autotools or cmake so it can easily be
> installed on Posix like systems such as msys2/mingw.

Looking at the MSYS2 packages list from April of this year:

mingw/*mingw-w64-glm* 0.9.6.3-1

So there's no problem on MSYS2. I have no idea about OSX though. At any
rate I'll look into FindGLM.cmake and come up with something if there isn't
already a package.  Going by Mario's previous email the 0.9.5 version
wouldn't have the matrix decomposition which he uses so Debian Stable
(Jessie) won't do and there doesn't seem to be a backport of 0.9.6 or
later yet, not to mention the numerous other distributions and the versions
they have, though it's hard to imagine anyone having an older version
than Debian.

- Cirilo