Re: [patch] default kicad_common to environment variables

> On 12/6/2015 3:48 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>> I am very tempted to just apply this to the 4.0.0 windows installer,
>> just such that the libs will actually work when people install them.
>>
>> Should I refrain from this?
>
> Please hold off.  I would rather not have the windows 4.0.0 package use
> different code than the Linux and OSX 4.0.0 packages.  I hope to role
> out at 4.0.1 release with the GAL crash fix in the next couple of days.
>  I was trying to get it done today but it just didn't happen.  I can
> include this patch as well as long as it doesn't break anything.
>

>> I have tested the patch on windows and linux. It works as expected.
>
> Did you delete all of your old kicad config files and do a "clean" install?

I am not exactly sure what a "clean" install has anything to do with
the default conf. The use case is just to have it set to working paths
when a user installs KiCad. So it was tested by not having a clean
conf to see if it kept the paths and then close kicad, remove the
conf, and start kicad (pcbnew) to verify that the paths were changed.