Re: CMake version.

Presumably anyone building on an old Ubuntu-LTS must know what they're doing
and CMake is the least of their worries, so I wouldn't count this as a
problem. If
the LTS people want to support a newer kicad version on that system I'm sure
they can backport all the other libraries and frameworks which they will
need.
At some point system support is no longer the responsibility of the kicad
developers; there's no point holding up all users for the benefit of a user
base of 1.

- Cirilo