Re: CMake version.

That is impressive.  I didn't think any distro could top Debian stable
for out of date packages.  We need 2.8.9 at a minimum to include Simon's
position independent cmake patch so I'll bump it to 2.8.12 for now to
prevent a barrage of bug reports and complaints from Ubuntu 14.04 users.
 At some point, we are going to have to make the jump to cmake 3.