Re: Full integration to Github

Hi Guys,

Just to throw in my 2 cents.

It may be worth contacting github support to see if they would be
willing to assist importing issues.
It is possible that they would temporarily disable rate limiting, and
block notification email for a one-off import.

If they will, I would suggest a modified import script during testing
that mangles email addresses so it doesn't trigger the mailer.
Also, it needs to be slow enough to not trigger rate limiting.

Once we are happy that the import is as we want it, get github to
disable rate limiting and notification on the real project.
Run the import, verify it, get rate limiting and notification re-enabled.

Lots of open source projects migrate to github with all of there
history, so it has to be possible in a sane fashion.

Regards
David G