kicad StepUp for kicad users after stable release has come out

Hi Wayne,

following your previously mail
I haven't had a chance to use this yet but it sounds really interesting
so it will be near the top of my list of things to include during the
next development cycle.
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg20210.html

do you think it could be more space on the official page to let the users know that the option to export board and parts to mechanical environment is available for kicad?

please have a look at a recent comment in the forum
@maui, you are doing fantastically useful work, thank you!
I hope some (or all) of what you are building will get pulled into KiCad, so that we can all just click "Export STEP" and be done with it.
https://forum.kicad.info/t/trouble-importing-full-3d-pcb-into-solidworks/569/32

I'm thinking that it would be a useful tool for kicad users, in awaiting of the new 3d refactoring and STEP support.

Consider I'm also building a library of 3D models in VRML and STEP to be used with kicad .pretty module libraries

Please let me know your opinion.

Thank you and best regards
Maurice

Follow ups