Re: Text rotation Angle and part rotation Angle pcbnew

On 12/13/2015 8:00 PM, Lachlan Audas wrote:
> You can't set text rotation angle of part reference's and vale's in
> pcbnew,  only part rotation angle,

The code for supporting rotated text is already in the pcbnew file
format.  I just don't know how well Pcbnew itself will handle rotated
text so there may be a lot of work to do.  I'm not trying to scare you
off but it may not be as easy to resolve as it appears.

> This is bit of a problem  for importing eagle  pcb's,   as parts
> reference/vales may have angle's set,  also when manually setting
> angle's you need to enter 900 for 90..  etc
> instead of 90.5 etc  this very odd way of entering angles,   is they any
> objection make a patch to change this to the standard way of entering
> angle's, and allowing rations of
> reference/vale fields ?

The only solution that I would accept would be a proper wxValidator
designed for angle entry.  There is already wxFloatingPointValidator
that you could reuse to make your life easier.  Your derived version
should clamp the angles from 0 to 360 and have an accessor to return the
converted angle as an integer.