Re: Library license update.

Hi Wayne,

thank you very much for your efforts. I'm guessing that this is not an easy topic and takes thus more time.
Hopefully a good solution can be found this way.

Maybe it makes then sense to announce this change on the KiCad homepage, I could also imagine to add a definition of the "audience" - just like on the FreeCad homepage.

Quote from http://www.freecadweb.org/:

"[..]
Who is FreeCAD for? A couple of user cases:
The home user/hobbyist.
Got yourself a project you want to build, have built, or 3D printed? Model it in FreeCAD. No previous CAD experience required. Our community will help you get the hang of it quickly!

The experienced CAD user.
If you use commercial CAD or BIM modeling software at work, you will find similar tools and workflow among the many workbenches[http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/?title=Workbenches] of FreeCAD.
[..]"

Thanks,
Torsten

>I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I did not forget about
>our library license issue.  I sent a modified version of the gEDA symbol
>library (GPL font exception) to the FSF for comment on November 20.  I
>received a reply that they are looking at and will get back to me.  I'm
>not sure what is taking so long but as I'm not a lawyer, I would rather
>get some feedback before making it public.  As soon as I hear back from
>the FSF and we have an acceptable license, I will forward the license to
>the library and website devs.  Who knows, if I did a good enough job,
>maybe I can start my second career as lawyer.

Follow ups