Re: [rfc] actual sexpression parsing

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:49:31PM -0500, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> Dude. The way it's stored currently is horrible - it's not congruent to
> the structure of the file! The s-expr file is supposed to be a tree
> structure, why is the binary data stored broken into multiple objects
> like that? It's yet another facet of the parsing nightmare we have.
>
> If you're going to you a "standard" format like s-expr, you should
> actually understand it and use it the way it's meant to be used.

Yep you wouldn't need many data forms... why not a single big one?

Oh yeah, because it uses *strings* for that, and it couldn't newline in
them :D

For the curious, common lisp sexp syntax for arrays is like this:

#(1 2 3 4) ; 1 2 3 4 are the elements, of various type

...of course you could simply say (data 89 50 4E 47 ...) since the types
are currently hardcoded... it works that way for the timestamps.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
CZ Srl - Parma