Re: [RFC] Reorganize eeschema options a bit

On 18.12.2015 18:16, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> Related to my previous mail, as it would add an option or two - Wayne
> suggested, and I agree, that the eeschema options dialog is getting
> stuffed. I suggested that I kind of wanted to rework the options system
> as a whole, but that's a big project, and organizing them has to come
> first anyway.
>
> I can easily rearrange them, into multiple tabs; it shouldn't take more
> than an hour or so - nice quick change. How's this for a proposed tree
> of options? Each page will then be subdivided into simple groups of
> three or four options.
>
> - General
>     - Undo and Save
>         - Auto-save time interval
>         - Maximum undo items
>     - Interface
>         - Center and warp cursor on zoom
>         - Use middle mouse button to pan
>         - Limit panning to scroll size
>         - Pan while moving object
>     - Component management
>         - Use wildcards in component chooser (see previous RFC ;)
> - Display
>     - Show page limits
>     - Grid size
>     - Bus thickness
>     - Line thickness
>     - Part ID notation
> - Editing
>     - Repeat items
>         - Horizontal pitch of repeated items
>         - Vertical pitch of repeated items
>         - Increment of repeated labels
>     - Field autoplacement
>         - Automatically place component fields
>         - Allow field autoplace to change justification
>         - Always align autoplaced fields to the 50 mil grid
> - Default field names
>
> - REMOVED as they already exist elsewhere
>     - Show hidden pins (on toolbar)
>     - Measurement units (on toolbar)
>     - Show grid (on toolbar)
>     - Restrict buses and wires to H and V orientation

^
Hi Chris,

I wouldn't remove anything that is accessible from the toolbars. In the
future, we plan to go for wxAUI and make the toolbars optional and
configurable by the user. IMHO all configuration options must be present
somewhere (preferably at the most logical locations) in the options dialog.

Cheers,
Tom