Re: [RFC] Reorganize eeschema options a bit

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 10:55:59AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin!
>
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 12:16:12 -0500
> Chris Pavlina <pavlina.chris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Related to my previous mail, as it would add an option or two - Wayne
> > suggested, and I agree, that the eeschema options dialog is getting
> > stuffed. I suggested that I kind of wanted to rework the options system
> > as a whole, but that's a big project, and organizing them has to come
> > first anyway.
>
> Cool! Thanks!
>
> Will you be at FOSDEM? I have a couple of ideas regarding this, that I
> would like to discuss.

Nah, I'd love to, but I can't afford travel right now :(

I like your organization - if Wayne's okay with this, I'll probably go
with that, then. I have one comment: in the current setup, the major
categories are tabs, so I'd probably shorten the names a bit - with
things like "Keyboard and Mouse", the tab set is going to get too long,
too fast. I'd probably rename "Keyboard and Mouse" -> "Controls", and
"Text and Line" -> "Graphics" or "Display". I actually think your names
are "better" purely by themselves, but I do have to make sure the tabs
fit too :)