Re: best way to add rounded rectangle functionality?

Adam,

The easiest solution would be to create a rectangle drawing tool in the
GAL canvas.  We already support lines and arcs which should be adequate
for representing the rectangle in the board file.  The only bad thing
about this approach is that there is no way of knowing that a given set
of lines and/or arcs was drawn as a rectangle.  That would require a
change in the file format which would be a lot more involved.  I suppose
you could do some math and logical testing to see if any group of lines
and/or arcs form a rectangle for editing but that could be rather tricky.

Wayne