Re: "Automatically place component fields" bug or feature?

Yes, it's intentional - it does not use the original position of the label,
it just generates a new one. Keep in mind that where you've placed the
labels is overlapping the component - you think it looks good, but the code
has no way to know that, it's just going for minimization of overlap. It's
not going to put them there.

As for why it's not avoiding overlap in your third example - it may have
not been able to find a non-overlapping position. Can you screenshot the
rest of the schematic?

It's not _always_ able to find a good spot, sometimes you still have to
place them yourself. If you move the labels manually, they will stay where
you put them - autoplace will be shut off for that component.

--
Chris

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Bernhard Stegmaier <stegmaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx