Re: Error updating standard Kicad footprint libraries from Github

The reason it does not replace your existing fp-lib-table is it would
overwrite any changes that you made to it which would result in a lot of
unhappy users (me included).  We could use a merge tool to update
fp-lib-tabe but I think this would be more effort than what it's worth.
 Filing a bug report isn't necessary since it's technically not a bug.
We should have done a better job of letting users know that we were
going to remove footprint libraries from github so there wouldn't have
been any surprises.  In the future we need to do a better job of letting
users know about footprint library removals and additions.  Announcing
this only on the dev mailing list is not adequate.  We should also make
announcements on the users mailing lists and forums.