Re: Trouble compiling under windows

I did reduce it down so that it was just the windres.exe from the MSYS2 package, and got the following result:

BevanWeiss@BevanWeiss-PC MSYS /C/KiCad/KiCad-Winbuilder/test folder
$ /C/KiCad/KiCad-Winbuilder/msys64/mingw64/bin/windres.exe --version
GNU windres (GNU Binutils) 2.25.1
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.

BevanWeiss@BevanWeiss-PC MSYS /C/KiCad/KiCad-Winbuilder/test folder
$ /C/KiCad/KiCad-Winbuilder/msys64/mingw64/bin/windres.exe -I"/C/Kicad/KiCad-Winbuilder/test folder"
gcc: error: folder: No such file or directory
C:\KiCad\KiCad-Winbuilder\msys64\mingw64\bin\windres.exe: preprocessing failed.

BevanWeiss@BevanWeiss-PC MSYS /C/KiCad/KiCad-Winbuilder/test folder
$ /C/KiCad/KiCad-Winbuilder/msys64/mingw64/bin/windres.exe -I"/C/Kicad/KiCad-Winbuilder/test\ folder"
gcc: error: folder: No such file or directory
C:\KiCad\KiCad-Winbuilder\msys64\mingw64\bin\windres.exe: preprocessing failed.

So I'm pretty sure that it's an issue with this version of windres.  If someone knows where I should raise the bug report then I'd be happy to hear about it.

I've worked around it by renaming my username and home directory within MSYS2.
So I can start to have a look at some code now… anything on the TODO list that might be a good introduction to the KiCad sourcecode?

Thanks for the reply,
Regards,
Bevan Weiss