Re: Boost build removed.

On 1/3/2016 4:27 PM, cullinan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi, Wayne!
>
> On 2016-01-03 21:36, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> I just committed removing the Boost library dependency (yeah!!!!) build
>> so this will impact anyone who is still using it.  You will now have to
>> either install Boost 1.54 or later on your system or build Boost from
>> source.  All of the known caveats apply when building Boost from source.
>
> Looks good here - just built successfully against boost 1.60.0.
>
> Is there any update yet in the documentation about your change?
> Some distro-packagers might miss the now external dependency
> to boost. (Little patch attached.)
>
> Is
> 	cmake ... -DKICAD_SKIP_BOOST=ON
> now the default?

There is no KICAD_SKIP_BOOST build option any more.  The KiCad build
config will always look for the Boost installed on your system so if you
don't have it installed you will either have to use your systems package
version of Boost or build boost from source.

> 	Documentation/development/compiling.md
> might need to get updated as well...

I committed the compiling.md doc changes this morning.