Re: Opening pcbnew from kicad: ImportError: No module named pcbnew

Is there a reason you installed KiCad in ~/SW/usr/local/bin/kicad? That
seems like a strange place to install it. The cmake defaults work fine for
me and coexist just fine with a stable install!

How did you specify that install location?

Jon