Re: OpenSSL license

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Nick Østergaard <oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So I don't think we have the above mentioned openssl problem as such
> anymore. I don't think that building with a libcurl with openssl and
> distributing those binaries violate any licenses, but I am not sure. I
> think the main problem is stuff like the debian policies.

Sorry, I was not aware this had been discussed. Distributing binaries
with a mix of openssl and GPL code looks like infringement to me. If
there are alternatives to openssl we should be fine. This does not
look like a Debian issue to me. It is about the incompatibility of two
licenses: openssl and GPL.

Cheers,

Javier