GCC and C++14

Just read this the other day and figured it would be good to discuss before
it happens.

GCC is going to be defaulting to C++14 for compiler flags when GCC 6 is
released in ~6 months. I browsed the CMakeLists.txt in the root directory
and didn't see anything about setting a standard. Nowish would be a good
time to pick a C++ standard and put it in there.

I know Wayne has mentioned in the recent past the wish to not switch to
C++11 yet[1] which I understand. FWIW when the next Ubuntu LTS is released
in 3 months the gcc provided will have C++11 out of experimental. Just food
for thought.

Jon

Follow ups