Re: GCC and C++14

Fair enough.

Once Ubuntu 16.04 hits, we'll have gcc >= 4.9 on all platforms we
target, meaning this entire page will be filled in:
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/C11Status

I know you're tired of hearing it, so I'll drop it - though my personal
view is that it brings a number of features we could make good use of to
write cleaner and safer code, and we could benefit from it fairly
significantly. I definitely understand the hesitance to make a change
that blocks out platforms older than $X, though, particularly when $X is
not vastly far in the past.