Re: 3D refactor update

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Clemens Koller <cko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, Cirilo!
>
> On 2016-01-18 09:59, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> >  I have reworked the new 3D code and would appreciate some
> testing/feedback
> >  Those who have tried previous versions will need to:
> > a. delete all cache files (in the kicad config. directory under
> 3d/cache) and
> > b. delete the older 3D search path list (in the kicad config. dir
> 3d/3Dresolver.cfg)
>
> What happens if somebody forgets to delete these files upfront?
> Are these two steps also necessary in the production version later on?

Deleting the search path file was necessary because of a change in format;
it
doesn't matter if it's not deleted since the configuration  tool can write
over it.
Deleting the cache data was only necessary because some bugs were fixed
which affect the cache data. For production it is extremely unlikely that
deleting this data will be necessary unless there are changes to the format
of the files. If it's necessary some version information can always be
written.

- Cirilo

  Regards,

Clemens