Re: Slow performance in pcbnew (PNS/GAL only) on high-fanout nets

Sounds good. What file/function is that code in? Maybe I can help take
a look at it.

The board is the Ethernet switch module for the MARBLEWALRUS FPGA
cluster (http://redmine.drawersteak.com/projects/marblewalrus/wiki).
Nine 1000base-KX interfaces on the backplane, then three 1000base-X
SFPs and one 10gbase-R SFP+ on the front panel. The fast path of the
switch runs entirely in the XC7A200T FPGA; there's an 18mbit QDR-II+
SRAM for packet buffering if necessary. If I later add layer-3 routing
capabilities (on the longer term TODO) the slow path and routing
protocols will run on the XC7Z010 SoC at the top of the board.

On 31/01/16 15:11, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 31.01.2016 21:27, Andrew Zonenberg wrote:
>> When working on a board with a lot of pads, terminating a trace
>> on a high-fanout net results in a significant (a second or more)
>> hang of the entire UI. I haven't yet attempted to figure out what
>> part of the code this hang is in.
>>
>> Steps to reproduce:
>>
>> 1) Open a large board file in pcbnew (I'm testing with
>> http://thanatos.virtual.drawersteak.com/unlisted/marblewalrus-switch.
kic

ad_pcb)