Website help.

Would one of our website developers please revise the "Migration from
old stable" section[1] of the website to address a potential issue when
modifying board files with a text editor.  A bug report[2] was recently
filed when a user modified his board file to fix the translated layer
names with notepad (which unfortunately is what we suggest on the
website) which silently inserted a UTF-8 byte order mark (BOM)[3] at the
beginning of the file.  This caused the Pcbnew board parser to choke and
fail to load the modified board.  Please put JP's recommendation of
using an older version of Pcbnew to repair the translated layer names
found in the bug report at the beginning of this section as the
preferred method of fixing the translated layer names.  The text editor
method should only be used if the user does not have access to a older
version of Pcbnew.  An obvious warning about the potential BOM issue
depending on the text editor used would be a good idea as well.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1]: http://kicad-pcb.org/help/migration-from-old-stable/
[2]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1540810