Re: Release 5 road map

I think this was originally meant to be a generic plugin object and
plugin manager to be used as a base classes.  I believe it was something
I discussed with Tom a while back.  It may or may not still be useful.
I would be willing to bet most plugin managers and plugins have to do a
lot of the same basic tasks for loading and unloading the plugins which
could be unified in well designed base classes.  It's the next level up
that defines the actual plugin and plugin manager functionality.   I
agree with your assessment that a do it all plugin manager would be a
bad idea.