Re: Bill of Materials Generator Feedback

The BOM feature you are missing is in “pcbnew, File->Fabrication outputs->BOM file”.

From: Dan Walmsley
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 4:59 PM
To: kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Kicad-developers] Bill of Materials Generator Feedback

Hello,

    We have been using Kicad for the last 3 projects at my company, and we have found the Bill of materials generation to be probably the least intuitive feature to use.

   Are you planning to change how this works in the future, I would have though most people need a simple CSV output with

Reference, QTY, Value, Footprint, Datasheet

We really couldn't understand all the stuff about plugins, scripting, etc, and several of the examples we found online didn't really work well either.

This should just work out of the box.

However we would also like to say that apart from that the 3 projects we have done in Kicad have gone really well and we are very happy with the schematic editor and pcb layout tools.

Hope this feedback helps.

Dan