Re: Bill of Materials Generator Feedback

> On Feb 5, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Thor-Arne <lp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> If I change a value I re-generate the project so the change is inluded in all the files, schematic, netlist, board.

What if your design has a single PCB which can be used in several circuit configurations?  Perhaps you’ve built the board to support four ADCs but some product configurations require only two channels. In this case you simply don’t stuff the other two channels. Perhaps channel 1 needs a different gain from channel 0, and you make that change by altering resistor values?

The board doesn’t change, just the components you choose to stuff.

In the Altium world, this sort of thing is called a “Variant,” and it has no effect on the physical PCB, only the BOM.

-a