Which wxFormBuilder?

Hi,

I manually made some changes to preferences dialogs which are working fine.
To finish this, I wanted to check that I didn’t break the .fbp files and generate code from that (as it probably is supposed to be).

But, which wxFormBuilder to use?

Last official is 3.1.70, it doesn’t open at least some fpb files I tried (because it is too old).

Last beta/nightly is 3.5.1-rc1, there is also a binary for OS X.
This opens some KiCad .fbp I tried, but for others it doesn’t show a dialog and you can’t select/change anything (e.g., dialog_eeschema_options_base.fbp).
Is this a problem of this 3.5.1-rc1, just a problem of 3.5.1-rc1 on OS X, or am I doing something completely wrong here?
Also, it seems that this version only works at all on the first file loaded after start, but I could live with that...

I could try other version, but for most of them there are no OS X binaries, so I would have to compile myself… before doing that, what should be a working version (though a …-rc1 should be better than all betas out there!?)?

I also tried in my Debian VM, but there seem to be no packages available…

Regards
Bernhard

Follow ups