Re: Discussion: Hidden Pins, Net labels

Le 06/02/2016 18:23, André S. a écrit :
> Ok, I see your point regarding not breaking old designs.
>
> However: the current KiCad broke mine, since it does regard hidden pins
> different than "the old KiCad" (around 2013).
> The old KiCad connected a visible "hidden pin" only to the connected net.
> The current KiCad still connects it to "VDD" regardless of the connected
> net and therefore connects two different named nets. Which then forbids
> the use of "VDD" for a power net, when you use a KiCad library part with
> hidden pins in your design and connect its power pin to a no-"VDD" net.

AFAIK, about hidden pins, there is no change between 2013 version and
the current version.

There is no mystery:
A hidden "power in" pin name (and only that) is seen as a global label.
The only one difference between a true global label and a "power in" pin
name is the fact a local label is connected to a global label having the
same name inside the same sheet (call it an intuitive feature if you
want), and this is not the case between a local label and a "power in"
pin name.

To tell the True, I do not understand what is a "visible hidden pin".

Ant, as Wayne say, if you are not comfortable with hidden pins, just do
not use them.
But it is a basic feature for all ECAD I know.

Using or not them is your choice.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS