Re: Cvpcb library filter broken?

On 2/9/2016 12:44 PM, Vesa Solonen wrote:
> 09/02/16, 16:16, Wayne Stambaugh kirjoitti:
>
>> This is odd.  The footprint library table cache is not getting updated
>> when it is modified from pcbnew.  It does seem to get updated when
>> changed in CvPcb or the footprint editor.  This is definitely a bug and
>> needs to be fixed.
>
> Oh great! Please see if the loading mechanism could be updated to load
> local libraries first too.

I'm not sure what you mean by "local libraries".  Both the global and
project footprint library tables are loaded whenever the either of them
is modified.  This is done in case there are library name conflicts
between the global and project library tables.  In the case of name
conflicts, the project fp-lib-table takes precedence.

> Any possibilities to see what to do with PCB embedded footprints
> regarding availability to Cvpcb? Currently they aren't taken in account
> at all, so any project that is moved between installations with
> different libraries can not be modified anymore (Say, adding another
> capacitor with the existing footprint. Just reannotation breaks the
> design as well).

This is easy enough to do using the "Archive Footprints" feature in
Pcbnew.  I believe you have to manually add the generated archive
footprint library to the project footprint library table.