Re: Cvpcb library filter broken?

Le 09/02/2016 18:44, Vesa Solonen a écrit :
> 09/02/16, 16:16, Wayne Stambaugh kirjoitti:
>
>> This is odd.  The footprint library table cache is not getting updated
>> when it is modified from pcbnew.  It does seem to get updated when
>> changed in CvPcb or the footprint editor.  This is definitely a bug and
>> needs to be fixed.
>
> Oh great! Please see if the loading mechanism could be updated to load
> local libraries first too.

I do not understand what you mean by "load local libraries first"
All libraries must be loaded, regardless the order.

Project fp lib table has already priority over the global fp lib table.

(To tell the True, I do not understand guys who are usually working with
a set of libs stored on github: github should only be a source to
download libs on demand, like the "vault" of Altium)

> Any possibilities to see what to do with PCB embedded footprints
> regarding availability to Cvpcb? Currently they aren't taken in account
> at all, so any project that is moved between installations with
> different libraries can not be modified anymore (Say, adding another
> capacitor with the existing footprint. Just reannotation breaks the
> design as well).
>
> -Vesa

Still, I do not understand your problem.

If you want a library containing PCB existing embedded footprint, just
archive footprints to create it and add it to your local fp lib table.

Re-annotation is always a highly risky thing.
But re-annotation does not break the design, when it is correctly made.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS