Re: Is there a way to design PCB's cooperatively with a 3D Cad program?

This is not a question for the developers' list; you should ask on the
users' list or
on a forum like forum.kicad.info.

Mario already pointed out that there is KiCad StepUp which Maurice wrote for
FreeCAD; KiCad also has native IDFv3 export (which you can also import to
FreeCAD or many other MCAD tools).  You can also try a service such as
www.ecad.io to translate IDFv3 to IGES or STEP and then use another
service like OnShape to perform formal collision checks. KiCad currently
uses VRML1/2 and X3D visual 3D formats and IDF extrusions for 3D models;
none of these are compatible with SketchUp.

- Cirilo