Re: PATCH: Set SMD attribute in footprint wizard

Hi, Jean-Pierre

On 2016-02-16 13:04, jp charras wrote:
> Le 16/02/2016 11:59, Clemens Koller a écrit :
>> On 2016-02-16 09:30, Mikael Arguedas wrote:
>>>     If you are implementing the ceiling function in a parent class, use 0.05
>>>     mm, because it will be not necessary used for sizes, but also for
>>>     distances, and round the half size if needed.
>>
>> Ok, I might be nitpicking again:
>> Can we make that rounding value configurable?
>> I would call this minimum drafting design width/gap.
>>
>> With smaller and smaller SMD sizes, even 0.025mm is a quite
>> coarse grid/minimum width size. I ended up with 0.01mm.
>> I have already 0603M (0201) 0402M (01005) 03015M (008004) (M=metric)
>> sizes arriving in my calculations... @:-|
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Clemens
>
> We are not talking about rounding width values, but the position of the
> courtyard corners definition in SMD ICs footprint generators.
> This is not exactly the same thing, and 0.05 rounding could be enough.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough: I also mean the position of
corners/frames/drafting items.
Width and/or gap both together translate to position or
"design resolution". I don't know how you want to call that.

But the important part to me is: Please don't hard-code it.
Make it adjustable (i.e. 0.05mm, 0.025, 0.01mm, ...) as
it might vary how small the stuff gets.
(Others might do Chip-on-Board stuff or Die-Bonding.)

Regards,

Clemens