Re: Python functionality on Windows

AFAIK kicad-winbuilder is no longer used or maintained.  KiCad is now
built using msys2/mingw32 and msys2/mingw64 and the appropriate python
run time requirements are installed in the same path as kicad.  Package
devs correct me if I'm wrong but this is a partial install of the
mingw32 or mingw64 python system containing only the run time
requirements to use the python console and the Pcbnew Python modules and
scripts.

If you want to maintain kicad-winbuilder, feel free to modify it any way
you see fit but the windows installers will still continue to use msys2
as the build environment.  We are using msys2/mingw32/64 because all of
the dependency libraries required to build kicad are supplied by the
msys2 project.  There is no need to build wxwidgets, boost, cairo, etc.
from source to build kicad.