Re: VRML export

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 3:50 AM, Mário Luzeiro <mrluzeiro@xxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry, I cannot see the videos where I am at moment:
>
> > I normally use anchor pad (which correspond to anchor of the enclosure)
> > Then in 3D-viewer you see your pad with Cu and Silk
>
> My question was, you are adding that pad to make your reference for the
> align.
> Adding Cu is not nice, since it will be placed in the gerbers also? Maybe
> Silk.. or other layers.. or comments  would be better for that propose..
> So in that other ECAD, what they use as anchor to align enclosures?
>
> Mario

I agree it's better to place a mark on one of the layers which will not be
printed.
Exactly which layer is another issue; for example I wouldn't use the
Courtyard
Layer since in the future someone may want to implement formal collision
tests
on Courtyard outlines. There are also any number of ways to accomplish the
goal - for example you can place a small target mark on the Silk Layer and
that
serves as a placement reference for a generic mechanical model, or you can
put a target mark as well as an outline box to show the actual mechanical
extent
of a specific mechanical component.

- Cirilo