Re: [RFC] Intra-sheet links and dangling ERC checks

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 22:17:37 +0100, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> > The intra-sheet link elements exist *purely* for ERC reasons, to communicate
> > the explicit intent of the engineer to have a net linked elsewhere on the
> > *same* sheet.
>
> Thank you for the write up, I now better understan what exactly you
> mean, although I would like so understand the use cases in combination
> with the other label types. Like what happens for a global label
> situation? Are the two sheets now considered the same sheet or?

If you consider the current situation regarding global labels and heirarchical
labels as "normal" then nothing I have done in my branch alters normal
behaviour.

The intra-sheet link elements exist only to allow design engineers to mark
otherwise dangling wires as being meant to join (via net-name) to other wires
on the same sheet of the schematic.  If that net *also* has global or
heirarchical labels on it, then they shall behave exactly as before.

Nothing I have done alters how the wires and pins end up grouped into nets, nor
alters how those nets then derive their names.  It's all for ERC and style checking.

I hope that makes things a little more clear.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69