Re: [RFC] Intra-sheet links and dangling ERC checks

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 22:17:37 +0100, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>> > The intra-sheet link elements exist *purely* for ERC reasons, to communicate
>> > the explicit intent of the engineer to have a net linked elsewhere on the
>> > *same* sheet.
>>
>> Thank you for the write up, I now better understan what exactly you
>> mean, although I would like so understand the use cases in combination
>> with the other label types. Like what happens for a global label
>> situation? Are the two sheets now considered the same sheet or?
>
> If you consider the current situation regarding global labels and heirarchical
> labels as "normal" then nothing I have done in my branch alters normal
> behaviour.
>
> The intra-sheet link elements exist only to allow design engineers to mark
> otherwise dangling wires as being meant to join (via net-name) to other wires
> on the same sheet of the schematic.  If that net *also* has global or
> heirarchical labels on it, then they shall behave exactly as before.
>
> Nothing I have done alters how the wires and pins end up grouped into nets, nor
> alters how those nets then derive their names.  It's all for ERC and style checking.
>
> I hope that makes things a little more clear.

Yes, I understand that, but what I don't quite understand is what the
result of your ERC will be in the case you have a local label on sheet
A, then use the diamond marker on a dangling, but also connect a new
global label to that net. Move to sheet B, use the global label and
set the diamond or not on sheet B. Will it still report dangling nets?