Re: 3D models: custom VRML export vs FreeCAD (OCE/Coin3D) VRML export

What nonsense. The file I got was correctly exported from FreeCAD no matter
what you believe;
*which version of FC?*
have you read my mail? I told you to export after select shaded view... but if you don't want to learn how to use FreeCAD or just listen, nobody can force you...

FYI here the file exported from FC with the method I told you to use are all fine and without any problems (as displayed in view3dscene)
name-fc.wrl -> means freecad wrl standard exported
name-fc-ksu.wrl -> means freecad StepUp VRML macro exported
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/raw/master/test-vrml/nasty_cheese-fc.wrl
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/raw/master/test-vrml/nasty_cheese-fc-ksu.wrl
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/raw/master/test-vrml/weldment_asm_solid-fc.wrl
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/raw/master/test-vrml/weldment_asm_solid-fc-ksu.wrl

In addition here is an IGES file with color to convert:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_XTJN-s8aXWU4tcGVrdXQ0VWs/view?usp=sharing
IGES is a worse source for 3D MCAD compared to STEP, but anyway here the file exported
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/raw/master/test-vrml/assieme_leg-fc.wrl

those, you have chosen, are much more complex 3D models than what normally kicad should manage
The only purpose of comparing output is to ensure that we get
similar results.
IMHO I don't think so
FreeCAD: file size ~28MB, >800 warnings about defects in the model,
 bad lighting model for VRML:

Anyway, this discussion is getting a wrong direction...

Cheers
Maurice