From: jp charras [jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 March 2016 09:15
To: Mário Luzeiro; kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Some new sweet features on the new 3D-Viewer

Le 08/03/2016 20:30, Mário Luzeiro a écrit :
> Thanks Jean-Pierre,
>
>> I just have (on W7) frequent freeze of the display. Just iconize
>> and "un-iconize" the 3d viewer frame restarts the display... for a
>> few commands.
>
> Sorry I am not seeing what could be this issue, what you mean by
> "freeze" and which commands ? Does it hangs? Does not move / rotate
> the board?
>
> Mario

The 3D canvas looks like it is no more refreshed.
Exactly when a canvas doe not respond anymore to a Paint event.

But the viewer does no hang.
when zooming, dragging the mouse, using the space bar or enable/disable
a layer, the canvas is not refreshed, but the messages in status bar
shows the expected activity.

Using the space bar is the command which creates the more frequently
this screen freeze.
But the display is no more refreshed by mouse moves or right click
pop-menu commands.

Iconize and "un-iconize", or enable/disable a layer ends this freeze,
and the 3D view shown is (AFAIK) consitent with the "ignored" commands:
For instance if during freeze, you select from right click pop-menu the
"Left view", the left view is displayed after exiting the freeze.

Looks like it is mainly a redraw 3D view issue.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS