idea suggestion for a settings module

Hello all,

I just want to left a simple idea if someone have the need in future.

While working on 3d-viewer, create / changing new settings (the ones that are stored in local user.. etc) I notice there are a lot of "manual work source code write" on this task every time I want to add a simple option flag..

I was thinking that some "automation module" could be implemented and used global in kicad.
That module could also create an automatic UI to change that settings.

So we just have to write a structure with:

"Name of group of options"...
"Name of the option 1", OPTION_TYPE, default value, min range, max range, etc..
"Name of the option 2", OPTION_TYPE, default value, min range, max range, etc..

This could be somehow used for automatic settings reading.. writing... UI creation...

I am not an expert and I didn't tough much about it, but I just left this here if anyone may come with the same need we can investigate / discuss a way to create such module..

Regards,
Mario Luzeiro

Follow ups