Re: kicad StepUp nice MCAD renderings

Hi,
why are you sending this to the dev list? would it not be more
suitable on the user list?
thank you for asking that...

I posted that rendering here because I wanted to let developers to know that the KiCad MCAD road to STEP is ready for a complex and professional use, letting the users to co-design between KiCAD and MCAD (FreeCAD, SolidWorks, Creo ProE, NX, Rhinoceros etc) In fact if you go to kicad info forum, you will see that many users are already migrating to this MCAD approach...

Moreover, don't you think that kicad developers are also kicad users? ;)

Anyway I would like also to have a feedback from the developers...
I think it would be useful to add a message to the installer similar to that: "to edit or create 3D models you need to install FreeCAD, for a better MCAD integration"
beside the actual message
"to edit or create 3D models you need to install Wings3D"

FreeCAD has been proved to be able to create solid 3D parametric models that can be exported to STEP and to VRML without any issues for Kicad stable 4.02 release 3D-viewer and moreover even more for the new 3D refactoring. Also considering the new OCE 3D plugin the FreeCAD way would be the right one, to have a 3D mechanical library for a MCAD integration in KiCad...

Maurice