Linux new line bug fix.

I just committed the fix for this
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1529358 bug.  It was more involved
that I thought it would be (isn't it always?) so I would appreciate some
help testing this to make sure I didn't break anything particularly on
OSX.  Mainly I need to make sure that I didn't accidentally limit any
valid field characters or break the component value (renaming) field
code.  As of now, you cannot use \r, \n, or \t in any field and
reference designators cannot contain spaces.  I also changed the leading
and trailing white space behavior.  In the past, leading and trailing
white spaces would silently be removed.  I changed that so you now get a
warning so you can fix it.  I personally don't like programs silently
changing information I typed.  I would rather be warned that what I
typed is invalid.  I can change this back if users find it too
objectionable.

Thanks,