Re: New pcbnew features and versioning

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 11:01:26AM -0400, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by that.
>
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 04:52:52PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 09:47:41AM -0400, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > I am not a dev. I KNOW.
> >
> > But... such a change (file and footprint format change) IMHO is not apt
> > to (only) a minor version change...

Forgive my bad English.

I mean that I expect to find a file format change between a major version
change, not between two different minor format versions.

Between two minor version change I can expect to fine just better
functionalities and/or bug fixies, not something that (potentially)
breaks compatibility.

This is what I am used to, but I may be wrong of course.

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364