Re: Reading eagle's lbrs directly

By lbr file do you mean schematic component libraries or board footprint
libraries?  If you mean component libraries than Nick's comments apply
and the schematic plugin doesn't exist yet but is part of the current
development cycle.  If you mean footprint libraries, then they have not
been implemented yet.  See the commented out section at the bottom of
pcbnew/eagle_plugin.cpp for the plugin functions that need to be
implemented to support handling eagle footprint libraries.