Re: New pcbnew features and versioning

the problem is you are dealing with potentially very close tolerance.
and numerous other issues that if htere is a compatibility possibility
we will probably get people saying that compatibility breaks their
design. There comes a point where it just has to be dealt with, a save
with compatibility could/would change rounded rects (and when added
polygonal pads) to rectangles that may then breach design rules so
that would need to be taken into account getting quickly to the point
where you may as well just redo the whole board as in its current
state its useless