Re: New pcbnew features and versioning

Le 10/04/2016 15:31, Chris Pavlina a écrit :
> So - would you be happy with me just changing that to a warning that can be
> clicked through instead of an error, and rewriting the message a bit to agree?

I'll be more happy.

But I'll be really very happy if a dynamic version numbering is also added, rather a fixed arbitrary
number.

Currently the version is 4.
If a method is added (something like GetMinimalVersionNumber()) to all board items (tracks, texts
footprints, pads...), each item can return the needed minimal version to be read in file.
Currently they could return 4, but for a pad, if its type is rounded rect it will return 20160410,
and therefore its footprint parent returns 20160410 (or 4 if no rounded rect pad is found)

Before writing the file, just run BOARD::GetMinimalVersionNumber() to know the actual needed version.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS